Awards for Audi from May to July 2017

  • Audi has won awards in Mexico for the A4, A3 Sedan and the Q7 from Automovil Panamericano Magazine and in the USA with the J.D. Power APEAL customer satisfaction study for the A4, A3 Sedan and the A7
  • Auto Bild magazine awarded the Audi A3 Sportback g-tron with the most successful grade of 1+ in their 100,000 km endurance test
  • The Audi Q2 and Audi Q5 have scored the top five star rating in the Australasian NCAP crash test

Mexico: Audi A4 is “Best Car of the Year 2017”

The Automovil Panamericano Magazine singled out the “Best Cars 2017” in Mexico. The award for the “Best Compact Sedan” went to the Audi A3 Sedan for the second year running and the Audi A4 scooped the award for “Best Midsize Premium Car” while also taking the overall victory as “Best Car of the Year.” The Audi Q7 won the “Master Test” in the large premium SUV category. Readers’ votes account for 40 percent of the rankings, with the views of four Mexican automotive journalists making up the remaining 60 percent. (June 2, 2017)

J.D. Power APEAL Study: Audi comes out on top in three categories

Audi models made it to the front of the pack in three categories of the J.D. Power APEAL study. APEAL stands for Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout, and examines the satisfaction of new vehicle customers in the United States after 90 days of ownership. Buyers assess a total of eight areas covering engine/transmission, comfort, air conditioning and sound system through to design.

The Audi A4 took first place among the “Compact Premium Cars.” The A3 took top spot in the “Small Premium Cars” category alongside a competitor model, and the A7 shared first place with a competitor in the “Midsize Premium Cars” category. The study has been carried out for 22 years.(July 26, 2017)

1st place finish for Audi A3 Sportback g-tron in Auto Bild endurance test

The Audi A3 Sportback g-tron with CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) drive scored the top grade of 1+ in the endurance test conducted by automotive magazine Auto Bild. This test is designed to cover 100,000 kilometers. The successful test result also impressively confirms the quality of the climate-friendly Audi g-tron technology introduced in 2014. The top ranking came courtesy of the editors’ everyday experience and measurement results, the model’s reliability and the final inspection. In the end, the premium compact model with CNG drive came out on top in the endurance test ranking, which Auto Bild editors have been conducting since 1986. Some 246 cars in total from a range of brands have completed the test to date. (May 22, 2017)

Australasian NCAP: Audi Q2 and Audi Q5 score five stars in the crash test

The Audi Q2 and Audi Q5 SUV models achieved the top 5-star rating in the Australasian NCAP crash test for excellent active and passive safety. The institute has carried out crash tests in the Australian and New Zealand regions since 1993 and to date has tested more than 590 passenger cars and light commercial vehicles. (May 31, 2017)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s